Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Being a Fan

The buzz of the fans' anticipation of the game starting
The Star Spangled Banner being played by the school band
The cheers from the crowd
The whistles from the refs
The smell of popcorn
The "yes" when a three pointer is shot
The sound of the fight song
The flips of the cheerleaders
The chants from the crowds
The huddle of the teams
The sound of the buzzer
The hustle from the players
The togetherness of the team
The confidence of the players
The relief of the win

Notre Dame Girls' Basketball is going to the Sweet Sixteen, Baby!!  I feel so blessed that I was able to go to the first round games with Bestie.  Being a fan of Notre Dame basketball is so much fun.  I'm glad I have that in my life to destress myself and enjoy a great program with great kids and coaching staff.  I'm already looking forward to them playing in North Carolina on Sunday.  Go Irish!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this list-like poetry! Sounds like you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete