Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Most Wonderful Sound in the World

When I was 17 years old, I gave birth to my son, Tyler.  Wow, he was the joy of my life.  In many ways the two of us grew up together.  He taught me so much about love and life. 

See, Tyler had Hydrocephalus X, and a plethora of other difficulties.  He was blind, couldn't walk, couldn't talk, couldn't do much.  But, there was one thing he could do, and man, did he do it like no one else.

He could laugh.

Oh, his laugh was from the tip of your toes belly laugh.  Every. Single.  Time.  He didn't really know how to chuckle, he just laughed like he and these angels were always telling these jokes back and forth.  I remember it would be in the middle of the night and instead of Tyler waking me up with a cry, it would be his belly laugh.  I always thought he was just playing with his angels.

I miss that laugh.  It has been 2 years and 4 months since Tyler passed away.  I miss him every second of every day.  Instead of sulking in the fact that my sidekick is no longer by my side, I have to remind myself that he is, of course, always in my heart.  And I am thankful that I will always have the sound of his laugh to remind me that now he is up with his angels and they are playing side by side. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Kristy, what an amazing memory to keep with you always! Tyler was a very lucky young man and you were an incredibly lucky mom! Thanks for writing from your heart and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy baby he must have been! This is a lovely memory and one to hold onto for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post just made me smile. What a wonderful way to remember your son. He must have been one happy baby! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey--I know that laugh! It caused me to giggle more than once. Thanks for sharing, and look at your blog! It's so cool--you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late in meeting you, so am reading some from the beginning. This post is beautiful. I love the fact that laughter would wake you and the description of "tip of your toes". That's powerful. I'm glad you have the memories to make you smile.

    ReplyDelete