Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An Embarrassing Truth

I have a confession to make that is rather embarrassing...
I laugh when people cry. 
It happened today.
First, let me give you some background. 
Hubster works third shift.  When I came home today, he was in bed sleeping.  He also has bad knees. 

So, I was feeling pretty accomplished because I got some things done after school that have been on my to-do list for awhile.  I was really ready to get home to Hubster.
I came home, put my things down, and literally ran to our bedroom. 
I yelled, "Hey, babe!"
He replied, "Hey!!"
And then it happened.
I went to give him a hug in bed and our knees accidently hit, kneecap to kneecap.
It hurt.
It hurt bad.
Hubster grabbed his knee and clung onto it.
He was having a hard time breathing, he sounded like he was crying.
I was holding in my laughs so I wouldn't make him mad. 
I was trying hard.  I was holding my breath, my nose, trying to stop my uncontrollable shaking.
But it happened.
Out came my laugh.
At first it was a little giggle.
Then, a little bellow.
Then, I couldn't stop.
I was laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes and I was having a hard time breathing. 
I felt horrible.
I really do hate the fact that I do this, but I honestly can't help it.
I'm just glad I have a husband who understands me and doesn't get too mad at me when I laugh at his pain! 

3 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I started to giggle while reading this? It's just that I've been with you during some crying/laughing/what-emotion-are-we-going-with-here times.
    Shoot...I just realized that maybe when you and I are laughing together, maybe you are really crying on the inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled, too, when I read this. I love the way you wrote the play-by-play with all the white space. You're blessed to have an understanding hubby, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no but oh so funny! Do you laugh when you argue or when someone is mad? I have someone in my life that does that and I've learned it is such a blessing - it is a way to help make up or bring things back to a healthy place when bad things are occurring. So maybe it's good you laugh when others cry? :)

    ReplyDelete